Required Cashier to Al-Futtaim in UAE
To Apply for the job
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
To support the Department Head to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures with major emphasis on cash control, sales accounting processes and approvals, Credit Request Reviews and Accounts Receivable follow up and General Ledger Reconciliations and Petty Cash Management .
What you will do
Daily collection, Cash control and Refunds
1. Review of daily collection and deposit of cash and cheques collected at the branches and scrutinise GL control accounts for exceptions.
2. Validation of Sales document pack /LPO and credit approval or clear funds/ registration copy and authorise final release of the vehicle for customer delivery.
3. Refunds are processed within the sub-delegated authority /documentation and facilitate refund process with AFSS for beyond authority levels.
Processing of petty cash reimbursements are made in compliance to company policies and procedures.
Develop petty cash spend analysis and trends and build early warning signals.
General Ledger reconciliation
Reconciling of GL Accounts, preparing ‘action-triggering’ schedules and taking timely action to resolve any issues.
1. Monthly reviews of General Ledger /trend analysis, process improvement, streamline process across automotive companies.
2. Providing analysis and reports related to open line item in General ledger and taking required action to clear.
3. Providing support in yearly stock audit and yearly closing of books.
Accounts Receivable & Credit Control
1. Process credit application request from Business. Maintain approval and relevant documentation as per approved credit deals
2. Periodic customer’s account Reconciliation and Account clearing.
Required Skills to be successful
- Good accounting knowledge, Analytical, process oriented, well organised, with excellent communication skills, a team player. Should possess a good knowledge of excel and have prior experience in working with large databases.
- Team Player Problem Solving
About the Team
As a Cashier you will be reporting to branch Accounts Manager / Senior Financial Controller .
What equips you for the role
- Degree in Accounting/ Professional accounting qualification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and interact well
- 3 to 5 years of similar experience, with a good knowledge of ERP systems.
- Organisation: Should be plan and prioritise workload with minimum supervisory input.
- Self-Starter: Should be able to anticipate emerging trends and issues in the books of account and initiate appropriate action.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
To see all jobs in UAE